1. Package Style
- Flights only
- Day tours
- Last minute
- River Cruise
- Family Friendly
- Staff Picks
2. RegionSearch Deals
Have lunch in an iconic outback pub. Visit the renowned Dinosaur Museum. Roam Waltzing Matilda Centre. Marvel at the abundance of locally-sourced opals. And make it home for dinner.
1 Day Fly & Tour from $695
- Dates: May 15, July 3, September 18
- Departures from Brisbane
- Leaves 6am; Returns 7pm.
- Aircraft: Alliance Fokker 70 Jet
- $695 adults
- $655 children (ages 2-14)
- Infants (under 2) free of charge if travelling on the lap of a parent or guardian
- Direct return flights Brisbane-Winton on Alliance Airlines Fokker 70 jet
- Visit the world-renowned Australian Age of Dinosaurs including: Collection room; Fossil Preparation Laboratory; Dinosaur Canyon; March of the Titanosaurs exhibit
- View the newly re-opened Waltzing Matilda Centre
- Have lunch at an iconic outback pub in town (lunch is included)
- Winton town tour
Winton is the Dinosaur Capital of Australia, home of Waltzing Matilda and Queensland’s Boulder Opal; abundant in nature, culture and heritage.
Winton is the very home of Banjo Patterson’s ‘Waltzing Matilda’. Reputedly inspired by an 1894 shearer’s suicide at the nearby Combo Waterhole and first performed in Winton’s North Gregory Hotel on 6th April 1895. You can learn all about Banjo and the adopted national anthem at the Waltzing Matilda Centre in Winton.
Unofficial Australian anthems isn’t the only this that’s put Winton on the map; this is dinosaur territory. At the Australian Age of Dinosaurs Museum, 24km south-east of Winton, you’ll see the world’s largest collection of Australian dinosaur fossils, displayed in the Collection Room and prepared in the Dinosaur Laboratory. You can even sign-up to help prepare these real dinosaur bones in the laboratory.
Winton is also home to the world’s only recorded evidence of a dinosaur stampede – the Dinosaur Stampede at Lark Quarry Conservation Park. More than 95 million years old, there are 3,300 stampeding footprints immortalised in stone and protected 110km south-west of Winton. This is an iconic National Monument not to be missed.
The town is also home to Boulder opals that you can view and buy in town and a day trip will take you to Queensland’s oldest opal fields at Opalton.
Contact us on 1300 822 646 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a full bookings or more details.