Enjoy 2 nights in Barcelona, then jump on the luxurious Azamara Pursuit for a 7 night cruise across The Med before winding up with 2 nights in Rome.
As far as cruising goes, it does not get much better than the service and inclusions that are offered up by Azamara Cruises. We bring you a 7 night cruise across The Med, bookended with 2 night stays in 5 star hotels in Cosmopolitan Barcelona and Rome.
Soak up the sun and immerse yourself in the spirit of the Mediterranean during this exploration of some of the world’s most incredible art, architecture, food, and history. Your voyage begins in Barcelona, home to numerous UNESCO World Heritage Sites including the venerable Sagrada Familia and the opulent Palau de la Musica Catalana. Explore the Gothic Quarter, savor tapas, and admire stunning cathedrals and churches, beautiful beaches, and fascinating museums.
From Barcelona, venture to Port-Vendres in France, a quaint fishing port where fresh fish and seafood is always on the menu. Bring your appetite when you explore Provence, a region renowned for its cuisine, such as traditional Bouillabaisse, Provençal beef stews, and ratatouille served with a loaf of piping hot, crusty bread. Bon appétit!
Next, discover the glamour of Monte Carlo, home of the Grand Casino, that boasts 300 days of sunshine each year. Explore the treasures of Florence and Pisa in our next stop: masterpieces like Michaelangelo’s David, Botticelli’s Venus, and, of course, that oft-photographed leaning tower. Finally, spend a day immersed in the natural beauty of Elba, a dream destination for cyclists and home to picture-perfect sites like the Portoferraio lighthouse and colorful commune of Capoliveri, before concluding your voyage in Rome.
- Departs: October 16, 2019
- Cabin Upgrades from $200pp
Want to do a little more in Europe? Extend your stay for just $150pp
- Return economy class airfare with a full service carrier from Sydney, Brisbane or Melbourne to Barcelona, returning from Rome
- 2 nights accommodation in a 5-star hotel in Barcelona including breakfast+
- 7 night Mediterranean Mosaic cruise onboard Azamara Pursuit from Barcelona to Rome
- Complimentary AzAmazing Evenings event (on mostvoyages of seven nights or longer)
- Complimentary Select standard spirits, international beers and wines
- Complimentary Shipboard bottled water, soft drinks,specialty coffees and teas
- Complimentary Shipboard Gratuities for waitstaff, bar staff and housekeeping
- Shuttle service to and from port communities, where available
- Concierge services for personal guidance and reservations
- Main Meals~ and entertainment onboard
- 2 nights accommodation in a 5-star hotel in Rome including continental breakfast+
- Airport taxes, Port charges and government fees
- All transfers
Day 1 - Depart Australia
Full service carrier from Australia to Rome.
Day 2 - Barcelona, Spain
Barcelona is a cosmopolitan masterpiece. With a history rich in art and architecture, medieval, Gothic, and modern influences can be seen all over the city. Start at the waterfront and stroll up the shady, tree-lined Las Ramblas boulevard and discover some of the city's best shopping and bustling cafes.
Day 3- Barcelona, Spain.
Day at Leisure
Day 4 - Cruise Embarkation
Transfer to Port. Board Azamara Pursuiit.
Day 5 - Port-Vendres, France (Cruising)
When you travel to Port-Vendres, be prepared for your imagination to kick into over-drive. You could head to Cadaqués, a charming town that was once home to the artist Salvador Dali. Be sure to vist his world-famous museum while you're there. Or, simply hang out in Port-Vendres and enjoy the local sights and a meal of fresh seafood paired with the region’s renowned Collioure wines.
Day 6 - Toulon (Provence), France.
Toulon is a picturesque city with a medieval core, an abundance of fountains, and a colorful daily market with a true Provençal character, meaning prime ingredients of garlic, olive oil and herbes de Provence.
Day 7 - Monte-Carlo, Monaco
You don’t need luck on your side to have an unforgettable time in Monte Carlo! Home to the legendary Grand Casino and the Monaco Grand Prix—one of the world’s most prestigious sporting events—Monte Carlo lives up to its reputation in every way. Drive the Monaco Grand Prix route in a performance vehicle, visit the Grand Casino, or roll the dice and explore the breathtaking beauty of the city.
Days 8-9 - Livorno (Florence & Pisa), Italy
The port city of Livorno has many charms of its own: the canals of La Venezia Nuova (New Venice), which date back to the Medici era, the Mercato Centrale, and the chessboard-style Terrazza Mascagni promenade, to name a few. But Livorno is also the gateway to the magnificent art and architecture, palaces, churches and museums of Florence, as well as Pisa’s famous leaning tower. Decisions, decisions!
Day 10 - Portoferraio, Elba, Italy
Did you know Napoleon was once exiled to the island of Elba for ten long years? You can learn all about it at the Archaeological Civic Museum. History not your thing? Why not climb to the top of Medici Fortress, take an open cable car to the peak of Mount Capanne, or enjoy performances in Vigilanti Theatre. No matter your choice, you're sure to wonder why Napoleon ever wanted to leave.
Day 11 - Rome, Italy. Disembark and transfer to Hotel. Rest of day at Leisure
Always enchanting, the Eternal City will captivate you—no matter how many times you visit. Walk in the steps of gladiators at the Coliseum, channel your inner statesman at the Forum, or gaze up in wonder at Michelangelo's masterwork at St. Peter's Basilica. Pasta and vino are a must, and there are plenty of places to relax and refuel after a day of exploration.
Day 12 - Rome.
Enjoy the day at lesiure
Day 13 - Transfer to Airport for Return Flight to Australia.
THE AZAMARA EXPERIENCE
- Price is based on Melbourne departure. Departing from Sydney + $235 per person. Departing from Brisbane + $335 per person
- Prices are per person, capacity controlled and listed in Australian dollars twin share including port taxes.
- Prices may fluctuate if surcharges, fees, taxes or currency change, and may be withdrawn at any time.
- Prices shown here are not shown in real time. While we endeavour to keep our pricing as up-to-date as possible, the advertised prices shown here may differ from the live prices in our booking system.
- The prices shown are for a cash payment. Credit card fees will apply.
- Offer correct as at 06Mar19 and subject to live availability at time of booking.
- Prices are per person twin share based on best available cruise fare, inclusive of all discounts unless otherwise stated.
- All offers are capacity controlled and can be withdrawn or modified at any time without notice and subject to availability at time of booking.
- Outside and Balcony cabins may have obstructed views and Suite cabins comprises Junior Suites, Mini Suites and any other type of suite that represents the best value for each cruise.
- Unless otherwise stated, all packages containing airfare will require full airfare and taxes within 24 hours of reservation and cancellation/amendment conditions apply.
- Air taxes are included in package price and are subject to change depending on departure city.
- Onboard gratuities are included and may not be removed from pricing.
- ~Specialty restaurants may incur a surcharge.
- Cabins are based on guarantee and cabin number will not be assigned until documentation or embarkation.
- +Hotels in certain cities must charge local government tax directly to guests upon checkout which cannot be collected in advance by our agency.
- All passports, vaccinations and visas are the responsibility of the travelling guest to secure prior to departure from Australia.
- Some cruise lines reserve the right to impose a fuel levy if the NMEX price reaches a certain level - please check with your consultant at time of booking.
- Cruise deposit, amendment and cancellation conditions apply. Special conditions apply - please ask for full details at time of enquiry. Offer ends 31Mar19 or until sold out/withdrawn from sale. Please note only residents with an Australian address are eligible to book Australian rates in Australian dollars. REF:WWCC20190311